Weightlifting belts are inevitable pieces of equipment for people and athletes who do powerlift, bodybuild and try to maintain an active lifestyle and other such activities, but their popularity is rising among the crossfit community as well. Weightlifting Belts are worn for a reason, not for decorative purposes.
Their primary role is to stabilize and reduce stress on the spine, allow users to do more strenuous activities without risking injury. Belts are designed to provide not only support but comfort in order to help you get more out of your training sessions. If you’re searching for a CrossFit belt, you came to the right place. Here are top rated products to consider.
Types of Belts
Not all belts are created equal and we can divide them into several categories. Based on design, different types of belts are:
- Cylinder belt – favorite among powerlifters, strongman athletes. This belt is the same width at every part and covers the torso equally
- Contoured belt – provides the posterior with extra width but thins out toward the abdomen
- Cone belt – compared to types mentioned above this isn’t commonly used. This belt is contoured on the sides, but come with thicker posterior and anterior section
According to the type of material used, belts usually fall in one of two categories:
- Leather belts – they can come in all three designs. These belts are suitable for powerlifters, weightlifting, recreational lifting etc. Due to the genuine leather material, they are usually heavy and rigid, but durable
- Nylon belts – come in the cylinder and cone design. They are ideal for functional workouts, weightlifting, and recreational lifting. Thanks to nylon material, these belts are comfortable, light, and versatile
Now that you know more about different types of belts, let’s take a look at the top rated CrossFit belts you can find.
The belt from WODactive Sports is designed to improve the lifts and maximize gains. It works to reduce injuries and allow you to achieve your body goals without having to deal with different obstacles. To ensure comfort, the belt tapers from 4.5” to 4” and features a long hook and loop to fit perfectly without moving while you’re exercising. Velcro strap makes it easy to put on the belt and remove it after you’re done with the training session.
- Flexible foam core
- Premium stitching
- Hook and look fastening strap
- Different sizes available
- Perfect for CrossFitters
- Velcro tends to wear out after some time
- Caution necessary with the sizing chart, for many users sizing down, ensures they’ll get the ideal belt for their body type.
Although not made of leather this belt is designed to last. To ensure durability, Fire Team Fit created a belt with quality manufacturing, a heavy duty strap, and a sturdy roller buckle combined with a superior design.
Unlike leather belts which come with predominated sets of holes (not always practical), this belt features a Velcro strap which allows you to adjust tightness for the preferred comfort level and support. Lightweight design makes the belt suitable for different types of activities including CrossFit, back squats, jerks, overhead squats, deadlifts, and many others.
- Suitable for men and women
- Comfort and support
- Different size, design, and color options available
- Abdominal and lower back support
- Size chart is off for many users
Dubbed as a low profile belt, this piece of fitness equipment is made with waterproof foam core and torque ring closure for maximum efficiency. The 4-inch belt features a brushed tricot lining and softly bound edges that ensure comfort during vigorous activities. Wearing the right size of the belt (always important) provides both abdominal and back support and injury prevention.
- Ideal abdomen and low back support
- Designed for men and women
- Easy to put on, adjust, and remove
- Doesn’t limit range of motion in the squat, clean, or snatch or during high-intensity cardio maneuvers
- Velcro strap can wear out over time
- Sizing chart is off
The 6-inch wide belt from ProFitness was created bearing in mind that CrossFitters, athletes, and other active men and women need to protect their core and back in order to achieve both short- and long-term success. This heavy duty belt features a sturdy roller buckle and adjustable sizing for ease of use, particularly between sets.
When wearing this belt, users get the right amount of core and lower back support to maintain proper form, reduce strain, and enhance endurance and overall fitness potential. The contoured designed allows you to wear the belt during different types of exercises and it is easy to pack it in the gym bag.
- Ideal for men and women
- Contoured design
- Support for abdominal and lower back area
- 60-day money back guarantee
- Adjustable sizing
- Smooth roller buckle
- Sizing description isn’t accurate (but customer support resolves the problem easily)
The belt from Bear KompleX is ideal for various applications including CrossFit, powerlifting, squats, weights, just to name a few. It is specifically designed to provide extreme support and stability with heavy duty structure and 4-inch strong Velcro and adjustable sizing. Putting on and taking off the belt is incredibly easy, particularly if you don’t wear it during all sets and need equipment that you can remove in a matter of seconds.
- Extreme stability
- Easily adjustable
- Low profile Velcro
- Roller buckle made of steel, not plastic
- Size comes smaller
- Velcro doesn’t last long with constant training and sweating
The best belts for CrossFit are made of neoprene primarily because they are lightweight and provide support without restricting movement. The primary complaint users had about belts is wrong sizing, but that could be down to inadequate measurement.
When purchasing the belt, never go for the size of your pants, but measure your waist area at the level of the belly button and finally, choose something that has longevity. There is nothing worse than spending money on equipment that falls apart within 6 months of you using it because you were trying to save money by forfeiting quality. Invest in the long term and you will reap the benefits.